Welcome to you if you have found our website after seeing us at the BBC Good Food Show this week.
Here you can find out where we will be serving up our delicious vegan food, pop ups at local restaurants, vegan workshops and more.
As promised, here is the recipe from today's show for you to keep:
For the 'Cheese' Sauce
150g cashews (unsalted - not roasted)
2 small potatoes
1 small onion
375ml of the veg cooking water
125ml coconut milk
1/2 tbsp Hendersons Relish or vegan Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp turmeric
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
For the Macaroni
250g dried macaroni (wheat pasta- Use GF Pasta if Gluten Free)
vegan cheese for topping (optional)
breadcrumbs for topping (optional - use GF bread if Gluten Free)
1 bag organic salad leaves
extra virgin olive oil - 80ml
1 tbsp apple cyder vinegar
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1/2 tsp agave nectar
Serves 4 people
1. Soak the cashews in a bowl of cold water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Chop the vegetables into small cubes and place in a pan of boiling water, bring to the boil and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes.
3. Put the macaroni into a pan of boiling water, bring to the boil and simmer for 11 minutes, drain and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C
5. Place the drained cashews, drained vegetables, water from the vegetables and all other sauce ingredients into a jug blender and blend for around 40-60 seconds, stirring half way, until you have a smooth creamy sauce.
6. Place the cooked macaroni into an oven proof dish and pour over the 'cheese' sauce, stir through and top with vegan cheese and breadcrumbs.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for around 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the breadcrumbs have formed a crispy topping.
8. Whilst in the oven, make the salad dressing by placing all of the ingredients into a jam jar and shaking well until combined.
9. Serve the Mac 'n' Cheese between 4 people with fresh organic salad leaves, drizzled with the salad dressing and garnished with balsamic glaze.
This dish is dairy free, soya free and vegan. It can easily be made gluten free by making the substitutions above. You can always swap the cashews for silken tofu if allergic to nuts.
Thanks for coming to see The Vegan Grindhouse at The BBC Good Food Show 2015.